Jon BakerSenior Associate
Jon is a construction lawyer with experience across the industry in real estate, transport and energy sector matters. He advises on a number of forms of construction contract, including NEC, JCT and FIDIC. Jon previously worked in-house for Transport for London and was seconded to an offshore wind developer in early 2021.
- Secondment to a renewable energy company advising on all aspects of procurement and contracting for operational and new build offshore wind farms. *
- Advising the Employer in negotiations of wind turbine supply agreements based on FIDIC YB 1999. *
- Advising an Employer in relation to a strategic agreement for the design and construction of a wind farm, including arrangements for reservation of capacity and design development. *
- Advising on an agreement for the relocation of a school and the associated JCT Intermediate form of contract for modification of an existing building and construction of new buildings.
- Advising an employer on constructions aspects of a major tunnelling project procurement, including drafting of contract terms based on NEC4 ECC and advice on legal aspects of specification.
- Advising on a variation to an existing contract based on NEC3 ECC for fire management system works at a substation.
* Denotes experience from previous firm.
- College of Law, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice with distinction, 2010
- University of Nottingham, BA Law, 2007