Lubaina Baloch has a general corporate commercial litigation practice. She has assisted clients in actions before administrative tribunals, the Alberta Court of Justice and the Alberta Court of King’s Bench.
During law school, Lubaina acted as a research assistant for multiple professors, writer and editor for Jurist, and legal intern at Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF). She also participated in the Western Canada Trial MacIntyre Cup mooting competition, served as VP of the Health Law Association, volunteered with Student Legal Assistance, and earned placement on the Dean’s List in the last year of law school.
Prior to law school, Lubaina worked as a registered nurse in the areas of cardiology and internal medicine. As a former healthcare worker, she has developed a keen attention to detail, task prioritization and time management skills, and the ability to collaborate with clients in order to effectively advocate and attain positive outcomes.
Before becoming an associate, Lubaina summered and articled with the firm.
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2022
- B.N. with Distinction, University of Calgary, 2015
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Dean’s List placement - recognizing the top ten students each year (University of Calgary Faculty of Law)
- John A. Weir Memorial Scholarship in Law - recognizing leadership, community and athletic activities (University of Alberta Faculty of Law)
- Pro Bono Law Alberta - Civil Claims Duty Counsel (CCDC)
- Daraja Foundation Volunteer - Tanzania, Africa
- Son-Rise Autism Treatment Program Volunteer
- Calgary Public Library Read-With-Me Program Volunteer
- Peter Lougheed Hospital Volunteer
Memberships and Affiliations
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- College of Registered Nurses of Alberta
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada advised Highwood Asset Management in key acquisitions for $139 million...
28 September 2023 .1 minute read