Nick Bamford has over 20 years of experience as a litigator and heads the Birmingham litigation and arbitration team. Nick's practice includes the prosecution and defence of multi-jurisdictional actions both in the commercial court and through arbitral proceedings.
- Prosecuting asset recovery actions against UK and Spanish based defendants arising out of misappropriation of investment monies from companies based both in the UK and Columbia.
- Advising on multiple claims arising out of liquidation of companies operating as multinational group’s UK treasury function including the prosecution of actions against UK retail brands together with ancillary claims against other group entities and offshore parent. Cumulative value of such actions in excess of £30m.
- Advising leading UK retail bank in recovery claims arising out of threatened insolvency of private hospital group including actions for delivery up of bespoke hospital equipment and associated actions against guarantor group including directors together with allegations of breaches of fiduciary duties against that director group.
- Advising international accountancy practice in respect of recovery of funds unlawfully diverted by employee and addressing ancillary insurance claims.
- Representing UK clearing bank in successful defence of claim valued at $120million arising out of closure of international pension management service. The case included the coordination of work in the English, Isle of Man, UAE and Australian jurisdictions.
- 1996 qualified at Memery Crystal
- 2005 to date Partner, DLA Piper