Jenan is a Shari'a qualified corporate lawyer who sits in the Bahrain office of DLA Piper.
Jenan specialises in supporting clients across all major financial services sub-sectors. Her core area of practice is regulatory driven strategic projects, corporate reorganisations, transactions and restructurings, as well as cross-border and FinTech related assignments.
Jenan has assisted her team with publishing a number of articles. She has additionally conducted external training for key clients and participated in key pro-bono initiatives, one of which included the training of female law students in Bahrain.
- Advising a global crypto-asset exchange on its entry into the Middle East market and their negotiations with the Central Bank of Bahrain.
- Advised a regional family business on their cross-border restructuring, along with their shareholding and distribution arrangements (circa USD 1.4 Billion).
- Advising a global investment firm on undertaking a private equity offering to residents of Bahrain.
- Advising and assisting a regional authority on undertaking real estate investments in infrastructure projects in the non-MENA region.
- Advising a top-ranked research institute and vaping technology solutions manufacturer on its market entry to Bahrain and the wider MENA region.
- Advising an American construction and environmental remediation company to establish operations in Bahrain and the wider MENA region.
- Advising a multinational confectionary company on the regulatory framework of the food and beverage industry in the GCC region.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on the regulatory framework for supplying medical products to Bahrain.
- Advising a regional bank with conducting a red flag due diligence on its potential acquisition of a manufacturing company.
- University of Kent, Bachelors of Law, LLB, 2017
- "Bahrain: Amendments to the Commercial Companies Law", 2020
- "Use of Electronic Signatures and Electronic Records in the Kingdom of Bahrain", 2020
- "Competition Law in the Kingdom of Bahrain", 2020
- "Bahrain Introduces Regulations On 'Crypto-Assets' ", 2019
- "Bahrain Publishes Personal Data Protection Law," 2018