Jaskiran Bansal is a non-contentious construction lawyer, advising clients on construction and development projects across a range of sectors.
She advises on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, consultancy appointments, development agreements, agreement for lease and the ancillary bonds, guarantees and warranties.
- Advising Summix Capital on their consultant frameworks and appointments for their UK PBSA, residential and commercial development sites.
- Advising Access Self Storage and Montcalm Hotels on their UK development portfolio comprising hotels, self-storage, office and build to rent projects.
- Advising Far East Consortium on their GBP 500m Consort Place mixed-use development in Canary Wharf to provide 495 residential apartments, a new hotel, school and medical centre.
- Acting for corporate occupiers, such as the FA Premier League and Wesco Aircraft EMEA Ltd, on new build and fit-out office projects.
- Acting for funders such as Cheyne Capital and The Greater Manchester Combined Authority on the construction aspects of various development finance loans.
- University of Leicester, LLB (Hons)
- University of Law, Birmingham, Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC) Distinction
- Co-authored a guide to performance security for the Construction Law Journal in January 2020.
Memberships And Affiliations
Jaskiran is a member of, and assisted with the launch of DLA Piper UK LLP’s BAME network named ‘Mosaic’ this year (2020) and has reverse-mentored senior management at the firm (ongoing).
Jaskiran has aided Pro Bono clients from the Central England Law Centre in their applications for British citizenship (ongoing). She also mentors exceptional A-Level students from underprivileged backgrounds via the HeadStart programme to support them through higher education and career choices (ongoing).