Ana Luisa Bastos RamosAssociate
Ana Luisa has IP experience, advising clients on a wide range of intellectual property matters, such as trademarks, copyrights, and software, advertising and promotions, licensing and transfer of technology, including prosecution, management, legal advice, agreements, due diligence and litigation.
Ana Luisa also has experience with Data Protection. She has assisted in a number of compliance projects to ensure compliance with Brazilian's data protection legislation, the General Personal Data Protection Law ("LGPD"), as well as provides consulting services in relation to all aspects of data protection, including localization of agreements and assessment of data protection issues involved in several technologies.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Ana Luisa is currently advising on copyrights issues in the acquisition of musical catalogues. She assists the client (a new company of the artistic sector aimed specifically at the area of investments in copyright and related rights) in all stages of purchasing musical catalogues from relevant artists from the perspective of copyright. She advises them from the negotiation and preparation of appropriate copyright assignment agreements to the conduction of due diligence with the analysis of all documents and information related to the works and the artists.
- Ana Luisa continuously advises one of the largest technology and entertainment companies in the world on legal risks and obligations that should be observed by the client when conducting commercial promotions to advertise their products in Brazil, from a prize promotion laws standpoint. In this sense, Ana Luisa assists in the analysis of the mechanics of the promotions and the need or not to obtain prior local authorization, in reviewing the Terms & Conditions of the promotions to be in compliance with Brazilian laws and regulations, as well as providing legal assistance in all the steps for registering promotions with the Brazilian relevant authority. Ana Luisa also provides further legal advice on certain client's queries about the matter.
- Ana Luisa has advised a number of the world's largest and most important technologies companies in the launch of new products and services in Brazil, providing the analysis of all content standards and restrictions, the advertising, IP, marketing, and commercial issues, possible third-party claims, music rights, competition, as well as privacy and data protection concerns involving the launch of such projects.
- Ana Luisa has assisted a renowned streaming platform in the localization of their agreements related to different services, including agreements for the provision of artistic services by digital influencers, and contracting of advertising production services. In this sense, she has evaluated all aspects of IP, copyright, confidentiality, and privacy rights in these documents to prevent the client from potential issues.
- Ana Luisa is currently assisting one of the largest English courses in Brazil, with more than 50 franchises in the country in complying with the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (LGPD). The workload includes gap analysis assessment of data protection issues within their structure; production of a report on data protection compliance for the LGPD; data mapping of the personal data processing activities; and revision of data processing agreements and other company policies, including privacy policies for employees and other related documents. Ana Luisa is providing legal assistance to them in all phases of this data protection project in Brazil, from the assessment phase to employee training.
- B.A., Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) 2015
- Leaders League 2022 – Recommended Office in Data Protection
Ana Luisa is assisting a non-governmental organization¹ in complying with the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (LGPD). The workload includes gap analysis assessment of data protection issues within their structure; production of a report on data protection compliance for the LGPD; data mapping of the personal data processing activities; and revision of data processing agreements and other company policies, including the review of privacy policies and other related documents. Ana Luisa is providing legal assistance to them in all phases of this data protection project in Brazil, from the assessment phase to the implementation.
¹ "Instituto Reação" is a non-governmental organization that promotes social inclusion through sport and education, benefiting more than 2,000 children, adolescents, and young people in underserved regions of Brazil.
- "IP Day 2022," IBMEC Hubs Rio and Les Brasil, in celebration of World Intellectual Property Day, in which current cases of the strategic use of IP were discussed, May 2022
- Previously, Ana Luisa worked on an IP specialized firm in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, especially focusing on trademarks, copyrights, and transfer of technology.
Memberships And Affiliations