Emily L. BeckerAssociate
Emily Becker concentrates her practice in real estate law in the areas of joint venture and real estate investment, acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, real estate financing, corporate real estate services, the real estate aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and development, representing real estate developers, funds, private equity companies and joint venture partners.
Emily represents clients in both single asset and large portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, including student housing projects, senior housing projects, storage facilities, manufactured housing projects, and medical office and life science buildings. In addition, Emily represents borrowers, financial institutions and investors in general secured real estate financings.
Emily also has experience in the areas of land use and zoning representing developers and owners of institutional, residential and commercial property in securing development and zoning approvals and performing general and zoning due diligence.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of a $320,000,000 self-storage portfolio involving 10 sites spanning California, Colorado, Oregon, New York and Washington
- Represented a developer as purchaser of an office condominium, involving seven separate purchase and sale agreements with the various condominium owners for a total purchase price of $36,000,000, for deconversion of the condominium regime in order to develop a new multi-family residential building in Alexandria, Virginia
- Member of the DLA team representing seller in the $1.5 billion sale of a 61-building national office portfolio involving extensive, specialized due diligence review, as well as substantial negotiations between the parties to finalize over 400 documents for closing
- Represented a seller in the disposition of an $11.5 million manufactured housing portfolio in Arizona
- Represented a lender in a note purchase and sale and deed in lieu of foreclosure transaction, which required extensive attentiveness as the note sale was kept confidential until its completion immediately preceding the deed in lieu closing
- Represented developer in securing approvals of a new 43-story, 460 unit multi-family residential building in the Fulton Market neighborhood of Chicago
- Represented developer in purchase and negotiation of entitlements for industrial site in Chicago
- Represents institutional client in the sale and purchase of airport parking, senior housing, truck parking and manufactured housing sites across the U.S.
- Represented developer in the creation of two new joint ventures to develop sites in Alabama and Texas for build-to-rent single family home communities
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- B.A., Syracuse University