Timo Betjemann advises German and international companies on mergers and acquisitions transactions in the real estate and energy sectors. He also advises on international restructuring projects.
- Advising Tilad, a Multi Family Office based in Dubai, on the sale of its Berlin office complex “Atrium Charlottenburg” to Hines.
- Advising Tilad, a Multi Family Office based in Dubai, on the sale of a portfolio with three logistics centres to a joint venture consisting of Apeiron and Green Oak.
- Advising Principal Real Estate Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH,on the sale of a hotel portfolio consisting of eleven high quality, city center properties to Axa for EUR 543 million.
- Advising the Munich hotel group Geisel Privathotels on the sale of "Neubau Hotel Königshof" to the family-owned company Inka Karlsplatz GmbH & Co. KG (Inka Karlsplatz).
- Advising the German-American real estate group Jamestown on the acquisition of three historic office buildings in Cologne-Mülheim with a lettable area of around 34,500 square metres.
- Advising the Italian energy company ERG S.p.A. on the acquisition of Windpark Linda GmbH & Co. KG from the Vortex Energy Group.
- Advising a joint venture led by the US asset manager H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of BollAnts Spa im Park.
- University of Bremen, First State Examination
- Higher Regional Court of Cologne, Second State Examination
Legal 500 Germany 2019: "Recommended" for the energy sector
- 2010, Client secondment (3 months) to international financial institution
- 2008 - present, DLA Piper UK LLP, Cologne
- 2003 - 2006, Research assistant at the University of Cologne (Law Centre for European and International Cooperation (R.I.Z.), Institute for the law of European Communities (IFREG)
Memberships And Affiliations
- German Bar Association
- Cologne Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Law
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises KGAL and Kiwoom Asset Management on the sale of Deutsche Telekom...
19 July 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises UBS on the sale of a logistics portfolio to Prologis
26 June 2022 .1 minute read