Dr Florian Biesalski LL.M.Partner
Dr Florian Biesalski is well-known for guiding clients through the legal complexities of German and pan European property law. Along with his multi-lingual team, Florian advises German and international clients on complex real estate transactions as well as on the ongoing asset management in order to optimize the assets from a legal and commercial perspective.
He helps his clients to successfully structure real estate transactions and offers to them a cross-disciplinary advisory services. In addition, Florian focuses on pan-European portfolio transactions and on specific asset classes such as hotels, logistics, care homes, data centers and micro-living. His client base includes national and international real estate funds, insurance companies as well as operators.
- Advising Principal Real Estate Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH on the sale of a hotel portfolio consisting of eleven high quality, city center properties in five countries to Axa for EUR543m.
- Advising a consortium of Korean investors on the acquisition of the “Hilton Parkview” congress hotel in Vienna as part of a joint venture.
- Advising consortiums of Korean investors led by Meritz Securities on the acquisition of the Telekom Headquarters in Bonn and a trophy asset in Munich.
- Advising Principal Real Estate Spezialfondsgesellschaft mbH on the acquisition of the “Vitahris” health centre located in Bad Neuenahr in Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Advising CORESTATE Capital Holding S.A., a fully integrated investment manager and co-investor based in Luxembourg, on its acquisition of the micro-living assets in Hamburg “WOODIE” and Berlin.
- Advising Korian on the restructuring and sale of two nursing homes in Germany.
- University of Munster, LL.M., 2012
- University of Trier, Ph.D., 2011
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf, Second State Examination, 2006
University of Constance, First State Examination, 2004
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Often recommended for real estate/project development; “very competent and solution-oriented”, competitor, “extremely good and goal-oriented cooperation”, competitor on entire team
- Legal 500 Germany 2021: Recommended for real estate and construction: real estate; “unagitated, goal-oriented and solution-oriented”
- Chambers Europe Germany 2022: Recommended for real estate
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for real estate
Before Florian came to DLA in 2017, he was a partner at a global legal firm in Frankfurt where he started as associate in 2011. After qualifying as a lawyer in 2007, he first worked for a real estate boutique in Dusseldorf and later for an American law firm in Munich.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Export Club Bavaria
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Capvis on the acquisition of a majority stake in Schurter Group
20 January 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises KGAL and Kiwoom Asset Management on the sale of Deutsche Telekom...
19 July 2022 .2 minute read