Shane Bilardi is experienced in M&A, joint ventures and equity raisings for public and private companies with a particular focus on complex private M&A, digital infrastructure and cross border transactions.
Shane is widely recognized for his insight in advising on data center investments in the Australian market. He has extensive experience with data center M&A including acting for Asia’s largest hyperscale data center operator, AirTrunk, since it was established in 2016, including its initial capital raising from Goldman Sachs/TPG Sixth Street and the subsequent sale of a majority interest to Macquarie Asset Management for over A$3B. He has also advised Amber Infrastructure on their acquisition of the iseek and YourDC data centre businesses, and Hickory on the sale of a majority interest in its data centre business to STACK APAC in 2022. Shane also regularly advises one of the global cloud companies on their local investments, including foreign investment approvals.
- The Australian Financial Review (AFR) Best Lawyers ranked for Mergers and Acquisitions, Agriculture and Rural Affairs, Corporate Law, Equity Capital Markets, 2013 - 2021
- Listed in IFLR1000 as a Notable Practitioner in M&A and Banking, 2021
- Legal500 Asia-Pacific recognises Shane as a Recommended Practitioner for Corporate M&A and Capital Markets, 2021
- Nominated for Dealmaker of the Year at the 2018 Australian Law Awards
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Institute of Victoria