Bahya Bouharati Ph.DSenior Associate
Bahya Bouharati advises fund managers and investors on the structuring and setting up of Luxembourg alternative investment funds, particularly within the private equity, real estate and debt funds sectors.
She regularly advises on all legal aspects, including regulatory compliance and ongoing activities from the first structuring until the launch of the vehicle itself.
Bahya also has experience in insurance law and in Islamic Finance. She is a regular lecturer, teaching Business Law, at the University of Luxembourg.
- Advising on and setting up alternative investment funds products, including SICAR, SIF, RAIF, in various asset classes (real estate, private equity, etc.).
- Advising a major real estate institution in Europe on the structuring of a real estate investment fund.
- Advising an international financial institution on the structuring of a closed-ended, internally managed specialized investment fund investing in private companies in the Western Balkans.
- Advising on the reorganization and fundraising process of two alternative investment funds organized as multi-compartments, closed-ended specialized investment funds focusing on hospitality and private equity investments respectively.
- Advising a Swiss insurance company on regulatory and insurance matters in relation to the contemplated set-up of distribution of group risk insurance solutions in the Nordic market.
- Advising the first ever Luxembourg-based European Venture Capital Funds Manager under the EuVECA label, on the structuring, regulatory application, launching and fund raising of a venture capital fund organised as a special limited partnership whose investment strategy is to invest in the fastest growing digital-native companies, predominately in Europe, who have the most likelihood of becoming a next-generation industry category champions.
- University of Luxembourg, PhD in Law, 2015
- Postgraduate diploma in Luxembourg law
- University of Luxembourg, Master 2 / LL.M in European Banking and Finance Law, 2010
Bahya has written a publication on:
- Islamic Funds in Europe ("Les fonds islamiques en Europe - Régulation ou réglementation," Larcier, 2016)
- 2021 to date: Senior Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2016-21: Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2011-15: Research assistant/teaching assistant (University of Luxembourg)
- 2010-11: In-house legal counsel, Natixis Private Banking, Luxembourg