Nacim Bounouara BounouaraHe/himPartner
Nacim Bounouara is a Partner in our Finance, Projects and Restructuring group advising on project financing matters, with extensive experience working on complex and market leading energy and infrastructure projects.
Nacim advises sponsors, governments and lenders (including development banks and export credit agencies) on the development and financing of power generation projects (conventional, renewable and nuclear), oil & gas projects and transport & social infrastructure projects, across Europe, the Middle-East and Africa.
- Advising the lenders supporting the ACWA Power led consortium on the development and financing of the circa. USD1.5bn Red Sea multi-utilities project in Saudi Arabia, involving wind, solar and the world’s largest battery storage facility, potable water through three seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) plants, sustainable solid waste management, wastewater treatment and district cooling infrastructure.
- Advising the lenders on Trooli’s debt raise for the roll-out of Trooli’s FTTP portfolio in the United Kingdom.
- Advising UK Infrastructure Bank on its first private-sector transaction which relates to the financing of a portfolio of subsidy-free solar projects developed by NextEnergy in the United Kingdom.
- Advising the lenders on the development and financing of the circa. USD3bn Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) gas pipeline in Nigeria.
- Advising China General Nuclear Power Corporation on all financing aspects of its participation in the Hinkley Pont C new-built nuclear power plant in the United Kingdom.
- Advising a consortium in relation to the development and financing of a major motorway in West Africa.
- Advising Hitachi Rail on the £400m replacement of rolling stock for the East Midlands line with Abellio and its participation in the manufacturing and financing of 33 trains.
- Advising the commercial banks on the development and financing (and its refinancing) of the Poolbeg Energy from Waste Project in Dublin, Ireland, developed by Covanta.
- Advising EIB in connection with the TAP cross-border gas pipeline project.
- Advising Connect Plus in relation to the refinancing of the M25 orbital motorway in the United Kingdom involving EIB and a public bond issuance.
- University of Law, London, Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT), 2009 - 2010
- University of Paris II - Panthéon Assas, Paris, France, Postgraduate Degree in Banking & Financial Law, 2004 - 2005
- University of Paris II - Panthéon Assas, Paris, France, Postgraduate Degree in Private International Law, 2002 - 2003
- 2019 to date, DLA Piper
- 2010 to 2019, Counsel, London based international law firm
- 2007 to 2010, Associate, Paris based international law firm
- 2006 to 2007, Legal Counsel, BNP Paribas Tokyo