Conor is an associate within the Corporate team and has experience in a range of corporate transactions, including intra-group reorganisations, domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals, as well as initial and secondary equity issues on the AIM market.
Conor has experience in providing assistance to clients in respect of day-to-day corporate issues, reviewing, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, and advising on novel and complex areas of law.
Conor has assisted with domestic and global projects for international clients and has coordinated the completion of deals in multiple jurisdictions. Conor also has experience in the formation of companies and various ad hoc company secretarial work.
Conor actively assists with the firm’s Pro Bono work and has participated in a number of national and international research projects. In addition, Conor is a member of a team of lawyers, in the firm’s US and European offices, that each year reports to the government of a developing country on the United Nation’s Conference of Parties (the supreme decision-making body of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change).
- Advising Accesso Technology Group plc, an AIM-listed firm providing ticketing e-commerce, virtual queuing and guest experience solutions, in connection with a cash-box placing of approximately GBP32 million, a subscription for new ordinary shares and a pre-emptive open offer. Conor assisted at each stage of the transaction and reviewed, drafted and collated various necessary legal documents to effect the transaction, as well as preparing the verification in respect of the investor presentation, fundraising announcement and the circular.
- Advising TES Global Limited in relation to its acquisition of Edval Education Pty Ltd, an Australian-based provider of school timetabling software, and its acquisition of Tutor In Limited, a UK-based EdTech business that provides teacher recruitment for both online or in-classroom teaching (both transaction values undisclosed). Conor led the due diligence process for each deal and assisted with drafting a variety of documentation necessary for completion. Most notably, Conor drafted and completed a number of bespoke equity roll over documents in relation to the acquisition of Tutor In Limited (to roll loan notes into the issue of consideration shares in the company’s ultimate parent company, involving an employee benefit trust).
- Advising i-nexus Global plc, a UK-based provider of strategy execution software, in connection with its admission to trading on AIM, as well as a placing of new and existing ordinary shares to raise GBP10 million. Conor assisted at each stage of the project and reviewed the due diligence, as well as drafting and negotiating various legal documentation required to complete the project.
- Advising TES Global Limited in relation to its acquisition of Educare Learning Limited (transaction value undisclosed), a UK-based company which provides duty of care and safeguarding training. Conor assisted throughout the acquisition and dealt with the due diligence, as well as drafting and reviewing the various transaction documents.
- Advising Creston Overseas Holdings Limited in relation to its disposal of Creston Plc US Holdings Inc, a global health consultancy and communications agency, to AIM-listed Next Fifteen Communications Group plc. The transaction value was GBP27 million, with an additional potential earn-out of up to GBP18 million.
- Advising a leading American corporation that provides infrastructure services for electric power, pipeline, industrial and communications industries in respect of the disposal of part of its European business (disposal value undisclosed). Notably, Conor coordinated the disposal, which involved the disposal of companies in Croatia, Norway, Poland and Sweden, and required Conor to project manage lawyers in these jurisdictions, as well as counsel in Croatia, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. Conor also assisted with drafting and reviewing provisions in the main English law sale and purchase agreement.
- Advising Anglo African Oil & Gas plc in relation to a secondary equity fundraising and cash-box placing to raise GBP7.4 million. Conor drafted and collated various necessary legal documents to effect the transaction, as well as preparing the verification in respect of the investor presentation and the circular.
- Advising Yü Group plc in connection with a secondary equity fundraising of GBP10 million.
- Advising US based sports company in relation to its acquisition of a 10 per cent. minority stake in a UK-based professional football club. Most notably, Conor assisted with drafting discrete provisions in the key investment documents, as well as dealing with the necessary ancillary documentation and assisting completion.
- Advising Arconic Inc. in connection with its multi-jurisdiction group reorganisation and separation into two separate NYSE-listed companies, Howmet Aerospace Inc. and Arconic Corporation, and their respective groups. The reorganisation involved the separation of the entire Arconic Inc. group into two separate unaffiliated groups – one ultimately controlled by Howmet Aerospace, Inc and the other ultimately controlled by Arconic Corporation. The reorganisation was effected by a multinational DLA team, led by the Sheffield office, acting across a range of jurisdictions, involving several European countries, Morocco and South Africa, as well as working with external counsel in the US, Luxembourg and Hong Kong.