Nuno Castelo BrancoHe/himPartner
Nuno is an experienced lawyer in corporate, finance and projects. Nuno has more than 15 years’ experience in legal practice, focusing on transactional matters and advising Portuguese and international clients. He has been involved in some of the largest corporate deals taking place in Portugal and abroad.
Nuno has advised companies, groups of companies and investors on several acquisition, restructuring, financing and project transactions in a broad range of industries, including financial services, technology and energy. Nuno is also experienced in advising operators and investors in all stages of implementation and development of energy projects; holding companies, investment funds and investors on venture capital investment and divestment transactions.
His academic track record includes a post-graduation in Corporate, Commercial Law and Securities Law.
- Assisted one of the world's leading independent brokers on the acquisition of 100% of the issued shares of the leading broker in the Portuguese market from its two shareholders, Sonae Group and IPLF Holding.
- Advising a private Portuguese bank on a transaction in the secondary venture capital market, involving the sale of units in two venture capital funds and shares in a venture capital company.
- Advising one of the largest Spanish banks, on the purchase and securitisation of loans with a value of €700 million generated by the power tariff deficit.
- Advising a global investment fund on the acquisition of assets/liabilities of a Portuguese bank, following the application of a resolution action by Banco de Portugal.
- Acting for the European Energy Efficiency Fund in relation to a pipeline of project finance deals for energy efficiency projects in Portugal.
- Advising institutional investors and market players in a joint venture incorporated in Portugal to develop and exploit solar PV plants.
- Advising venture capital companies on a range of investment and disinvestment operations.
- Advising a UK based group to develop and exploit several PV plants in Portugal.
- Portuguese Catholic University Law School, Post-Graduate in Commercial Law and Commercial Companies, 2009
- Recommended by Legal 500 in Commercial, Corporate and M&A
- 2015 - present, Associate / Senior Associate / Partner, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 2010 - 2015, Associate, Lisbon based law firm
- 2007 - 2010, Trainee Lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association