Frederic BrasseurLead Lawyer
Frederic Brasseur advises on employment, labour and social security law, particularly in relation to restructuring operations and the negotiation or termination of employment contracts.
He mostly assists medium sized and large multinational groups originating, for the most part, in foreign countries.
His areas of advice range from general employment law and social security to:
- Drafting employment documents, documents relating to dismissals, and due diligence reports
- Litigation before the Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeal Tribunals
- Discrimination law and privacy
- Collective dismissals and plant closure procedures, including advice on the negotiation, the drafting and the implementation of social plans and collective bargaining agreements
- Professional career end issues (bridge pensions, complementary allowances)
- Transfer of undertakings
- International mobility
- Industrial relations, and
- Employee remuneration
- Assisting foreign companies in handling hiring and firing issues (notably of executive people)
- Litigation before the Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeal Tribunals, including successfully defending an external prevention service in one of the few Belgian cases concerning discrimination on the basis of health
- Assisting several international groups of companies with collective dismissals and plant closures in Belgium, including companies in the photography industry, fire protection industry, office supplies and the chemical industry
- Setting up the HR policies for a number of companies starting operations in Belgium, including a UK headquartered retailer
- Advice on the status of directors of semi-autonomous government bodies
- University of Brussels (ULB) (2002-2003)
- University of Leuven (KUL) (1997-2002)
Frederic is the author of several articles in various magazines/publications (HR Today, HR Magazine).
Participation in seminars, notably on harassment and the monitoring of personnel in the workplace.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Brussels Bar