Adam Brenner focuses on representing innovative, institutionally backed companies, with extensive experience in equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate governance. He also represents venture capital funds in their deployment of capital. While Adam represents companies in a variety of industry verticals, he has particular experience advising emerging companies with international operations on regulatory matters relating to national security and in international trade. Adam is also a co-founder of the non-profit Accelerate Yale, a global community of alumni and friends of Yale who are engaged in innovation, tech and entrepreneurship.
- Co-lead DLA Piper team representing Dundee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Kobalt Capital Limited's music rights portfolio, KMR Music Royalties II, alongside global investment firm KKR. The portfolio, composed primarily of music publishing copyrights, includes a diverse collection of over 62,000 recordings from acclaimed artists across pop, rock, hip-hop, EDM and country. As part of the transaction, Dundee Partners entered a joint venture with KKR to create Chord Music Partners, which will take ownership of the KMR Music Royalties II portfolio at closing. KKR will also contribute other music copyrights to Chord, positioning the platform as the owner of an impressive and diversified portfolio of royalties.
- Advised FlexGen Power Systems, a leading integration services and software technology provider for energy storage solutions, in connection with a $150 million equity commitment to FlexGen from Apollo Global Management, Inc. Apollo's investment will be made in partnership with FlexGen's existing investors, Altira Group and the founding investment group led by Jerry Miller and Mark Dreyfus.
- Advised TakeLessons, an online and in-person tutoring platform, in connection with its acquisition by Microsoft. TakeLessons got its start in 2006 as a platform for people to connect with tutors local to them for in-person lessons, before progressing into online lessons. The acquisition gives Microsoft the infrastructure to set up a much more aggressive play in mass-market online education.
- Advised Parkway Venture Capital in various investments, including its investments in Burrow, TAE and Persefoni.
- Represented New Enterprise Associates in various investments ranging from Series C to Series Seed.
- J.D., Boston College Law School
- M. Ed., Curriculum and Instruction, Boston College
- B.A., Classics, Yale University
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2021-2022)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Dundee Partners in its US$1.1 billion acquisition, with KKR, of Kobalt...
18 October 2021 .5 minute read
DLA Piper advises FlexGen Power Systems in US$150 million equity investment from funds...
29 August 2021 .4 minute read