Nicole J.E. BrennigPartner
Nicky Brennig is a lawyer focused on domestic and foreign alternative investment representation. She advises pension plans, endowments, insurers, private market solutions providers, family offices and other financial institutions on all aspects of their business.
Her areas of concentration include private investment funds, syndicated and direct co-investments, fund restructurings, general partner removals, advisory board matters, fund and advisor acquisitions and other consolidations, and fund dissolutions. Nicky also represents institutional investors in connection with the acquisition and sale of partnership interests in large secondary market transactions.
Nicky has been a member of the alternative investment funds industry for over a decade and is frequently invited to speak at major industry events.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University
- B.A., Concordia University
- Chambers Global
- Band 2, USA Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2020-2022)
- Chambers USA
- Band 2, USA Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2019-2022)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Private Equity Funds (including Venture Capital) (2019-2022)
- Contributing Editor, Chambers & Partners Investment Funds Law & Practice Guide (2021 and 2022)
- Panelist, "Endowment & Foundation Forum," The 18th Annual Endowment and Foundation Forum (2016)
- "How I Made Office Managing Partner: 'Learn About the Law Firm Business and Establish Your Own Vision for Its Success,' Says Nicole Brennig of DLA Piper," Law.com (August 5, 2021)
- "DLA Piper Elevates 5 Attys To Office Managing Partner Roles," Law360 (March 4, 2021)
Civic and Charitable
- Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
Memberships And Affiliations
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Pension Real Estate Association
- State Bar of Texas