Jack Brumpton is a partner in DLA Piper’s Energy and Natural Resources sector team, based in Brisbane.
Jack is an energy and resources projects specialist and a trusted advisor to private sector and government clients both in Australia and internationally.
He advises domestic and international companies and governments on energy and resources project development, operations, commercial transactions and regulatory matters. He has advised in these areas across Australia and in relation to cross-border and first-of-a-kind projects in the Asia-Pacific region.
Jack has worked as senior in-house legal counsel at a major Australian renewable energy company, giving him a clear understanding of the commercial implications of his advice to clients. He combines this industry knowledge with energy and resources law expertise to assist clients throughout the full project lifecycle, from project structuring to decommissioning.
- In-house senior legal counsel at a major Australian renewable energy company, supporting development of its multi-billion dollar cross-border energy infrastructure projects.
- Long-term advisor to the Government of Timor-Leste in relation to regulation of offshore projects in the Timor Sea and associated public international law matters, including advising on negotiation and implementation of the Maritime Boundary Treaty with Australia.
- Advisor to Australian domestic gas market and regional LNG market participants on major projects and transactions, including domestic gas sale, transportation and processing agreements, services contracts, joint ventures and LNG sale and purchase agreements.
- Advisor to Australian mining sector clients on major projects and transactions, including commodity transactions, high-value procurements, joint ventures and regulatory approvals.
- Advisor to participants in the Australian carbon credit and environmental offsets markets, supporting all aspects of development and investment into projects by proponents and credit/offset purchasers, including in respect of carbon capture and storage, revegetation and soil carbon projects.
- Advisor to energy and resources sector clients on energy transition and decarbonisation matters, including advising on hydrogen and biofuels project developments and on carbon reporting obligations.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland, 2010
Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of International Energy Negotiators
- Energy & Resources Law Association, Australia
- Carbon Market Institute, Australia