Domen Brus is a finance lawyer who practices mainly in the fields of financing transactions and international infrastructure projects with an emphasis on the CEE/SEE regions.
Domen also advises international clients on a vast range of corporate topics such as mergers and acquisitions, international corporate reorganizations and restructurings, with a special focus on proceedings and transactions in Slovenia.
Moreover, he provides continuous advice to numerous international clients on a vast range of regulatory issues with a special focus on data privacy, cyber security and post-Brexit financial regulation.
Domen has been involved in multiple arbitration procedures in front of commercial arbitration tribunals in relation to various infrastructure projects.
- Advising international institutions on several infrastructure projects, notably in the airport sector, including on-going advice regarding concession and PPP tender procedures. Such work included in-depth due diligence procedures, transaction structuring advice, drafting of the transactional documentation and overall legal support to the client up until the closing.
- Advising a French multinational automobile manufacturer on the sale of the whole retail network in the SEE region. The advice included an in-depth due diligence phase as well as drafting of the transactional documentation.
- Advising a Belgian buyer on an acquisition of leading Slovenian company providing disinfection, disinsection and deratization services in a port of Koper.
- Advising various multinational financial institutions on financial regulatory issues in Slovenia with relation to the Brexit.
- Advising some of the biggest oil producers on various matter in relation to Slovenia, ranging from corporate restructuring to tax and regulatory matters.
- Advice to major construction companies, global energetic and transportation conglomerate and other corporations on cross-border M&A transactions, corporate reorganisations and establishing a presence specifically in the countries of the CEE region.
- Advising various European funds on financing projects in the energy sector, including performing in-depth due diligence of several projects, drafting of the transactional documentation and creation/registration of the securities.
- Advising various major international banks, sovereign lenders and other financial institutions on LMA based loan facility agreements regarding cross-border financing together with drafting the accompanying collateral package and the legal opinions.
- Advising private corporations and governmental entities with regard to proceedings before various international commercial arbitration tribunals.
- Continuously advising an American pay television network on personal data protection and general compliance matters in relation to the rollout of their new service in Slovenia.
- Continuously advising numerous international corporations on a vast range of data privacy, cyber security, gaming and other regulatory matters in Slovenia.
University of Ljubljana, LL.M., 2018
University of Ljubljana, LL.B., 2016
- 2016 to 2017, The Land Bank of Slovenia (DBS d.d.), legal intern, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2015, Bank Assets Management Company (DUTB d.d.), legal intern, Ljubljana, Slovenia