Cristina Bucur LLBCounsel
Cristina Bucur is a remarkable M&A and corporate lawyer, and is recognized as such by leading directories, clients seeing her as “hard-working, knowledgeable and client-oriented” and praising her for her management abilities: “She is very knowledgeable, hard-working, prompt, co-operative and calm.” (Chambers and Partners Europe 2020).
Cristina has extensive experience in various industry sectors with focus on technology and healthcare. Technology sector is one of her core strengths, this being the area where she worked with both venture capital funds and entrepreneurs supporting them with legal advice in the investment process (such as Intelligent IT (SmartBill) and FintechOS investments).
Throughout her career of over 14 years, Cristina has been instrumental in managing numerous complex M&A transactions, in addition to providing day-to-day corporate and regulatory advice to prominent clients across many sectors. To name only few of her recent transactions, Cristina advised Naspers in the takeover by eMAG of AGITO sp. z o.o. and of Allegro Group HU kft, as well as in the acquisition of certain assets of Schibsted Media Group in Romania.
She is pioneer in the venture capital industry in Romania, acting for start-ups as well as business angels and venture capital funds. She assisted Early Game Ventures in the set-up of a capitalised venture capital fund dedicated to innovative companies in Romania, co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Assisting a French publisher on the acquisition of Blackfire Entertainment Group, a European distributor selling popular Fantasy and Trading Card Games as well as toys and action figures, in a multijurisdictional transaction.
- Advising one of the world's leading providers of dialysis medical services and Europe's largest independent provider of medical services on an intra-group reorganisation.
- Advising an early-stage venture capital firm in Romania in connection with the set-up of a capitalised venture capital fund dedicated to innovative companies in Romania and funded through the Competitiveness Operational Program 2014-2020, co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Advising a start-up that has launched a crash detection and e-call safety device for motorcycles in connection with the accelerate investment from GapMinder VC.
- Advising a B2B marketplace that connects employers with available tech candidates in connection with the accelerate investment from GapMinder VC. We assisted them with the Term Sheet, the Subscription and Shareholders Agreement and other transaction documents and structuring of the transaction.
- Advising a business management services company in connection with the sale of a specialized provider of outsourced business solutions.
- Advising one of the leading start-ups providing smart and interactive marketing solutions, in the process of obtaining additional funds for growing the company.
- Advising an Australian online travel business on its acquisition of UAE travel firm.
- Assisting a leading Norwegian group in the divestment of its Romanian extrusion plant, to another major player of the sector.
- Assisting a the leading eCommerce platform in Romania in the merger with a Hungarian company. The legal assistance provided involved transaction structuring and drafting of transaction documents.
- Band 5 – Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Next Generation Partner – Legal 500, 2020
- Next generation lawyers - The Legal 500, Romanian rankings
- Contributing author to the Law & Practice section of “Chambers Global Practice Guide - Corporate M&A”, 2019
- May 2016 - to date: DLA Piper Romania, Counsel
- May 2013 - April 2016: DLA Piper Romania, Senior Associate
- May 2011 - April 2013: DLA Piper Romania, Managing Associate
- November 2008 - May 2011: DLA Piper Romania, Associate
- January 2008 - November 2008: International Law Firm, Associate
- December 2005 - December 2007: International Law Firm, Attorney-at Law
- July 2004 - September 2004: International Law Firm, Internship
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar and the National Union of Romanian Bars
- Member of the International Bar Association