Lizzy BullockSenior Associate
Lizzy Bullock is part of DLA Piper's Corporate Crime Investigations & Compliance team. Her practice focuses on investigations into allegations of serious and complex misconduct for national and international clients. She also advises on a range of anti-bribery & corruption, anti-money laundering and business conduct issues.
Lizzy has spent time on secondment to a FTSE 250 gambling software company and, during her training contract, to DLA Piper's Dubai office.
- Acting for an international gambling technology plc in connection with its annual compliance programme, including a three-yearly compliance “health-check” across a range of compliance topics, including anti-bribery, money laundering, responsible gambling and human rights, and quarterly anti-money laundering risk assessments (ongoing).
- Acting for Thomas Kalaris in the fraud trial concerning Barclays’ capital raising and related payments to Qatar in 2008, resulting in acquittal on all charges (2020).
- Acting for an online retail platform in connection with a series of vendor frauds (2020).
- Acting for a lottery resale company in connection with its establishment in the UK and its anti-money laundering compliance programme (2020).
- Acting for a global recruitment provider in connection with an internal investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption in its CIS subsidiary (2019).
- Acting for a UK fashion retailer in relation to the design and implementation of a risk assessment and associated policy with regard to the corporate criminal offence of failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion (2019).
- Acting for a global aerospace and defence company in connection with its third party anti-corruption due diligence programme across Europe and Asia (ongoing).
- Acting for a range of clients on compliance with the Bribery Act 2010, Criminal Finances Act 2017 and UK money laundering regime and developing policies and procedures to assist them in ensuring compliance - often on a multi-jurisdictional basis (ongoing).
- Acting for a FTSE 250 gambling software company to complete a large scale multi-jurisdictional compliance risk assessment focusing on Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Business Ethics & Responsible Gambling.
- Acting for a range of clients on compliance with the Bribery Act and UK Money Laundering legislation and developing policies and procedures to assist them in ensuring compliance - often on a multi-jurisdictional basis.
- Advising a UAE property development company in DIFC Court proceedings in relation to the unlawful termination of a financial agreement.
- University of Law, LL.B (Hons) in Law, 1st, 2014
- University of Bristol, BA (Hons) in English Literature, 2.1, 2012