Maurice Burke heads our Asia investigations practice. Widely recognized as one of the leading dispute practitioners in his field, Maurice has advised a broad range of multinational clients on successful strategies that meet their commercial goals. With over 20 years’ of experience in the Asia Pacific region, Maurice understands the market, its legal systems and how best to navigate through them. He understands regional problems and can represent you in dispute resolution, investigations and contentious regulatory matters across the region, including in Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Maurice is described as being "decisive and powerful" and is “a seasoned disputes and regulatory compliance lawyer, with extensive expertise in the Indonesia market”.
He is consistently recognised as leading practitioners by legal directories and most recently ranked as a Band 1 practitioner by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 for Corporate Investigations/Anti-Corruption in Singapore and Indonesia.
- Corporate Investigation/Anti-Corruption: International (Singapore), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018 - 2020
- Band 1 for Dispute Resolution (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad) (Indonesia), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2017 - 2020
- Band 1 for Dispute Resolution (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad) (Indonesia), Chambers Global, 2017 – 2020
- “Maurice Burke is lauded by market commentators for his long-standing focus on this field, with one individual commenting: "If you want somebody who is very seasoned, I'd choose him." He has notable expertise in fraud, corruption and bribery matters concerning Indonesia and other countries in South-East Asia.” – Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
- COVID-19 and Ramadan - traffic on the route ahead Litigation, Arbitration, and Employment Alert
- Antitrust, Competition, and Economic Regulation Quarterly Newsletter - Autumn 2019
- The rise of competition law in Asia Litigation Arbitration and Employment Alert
- Weathering COVID-19: A webinar series - Crisis management in the age of COVID-19
- U.S. economic sanctions and export considerations
Memberships And Affiliations
- Associate member of the Singapore Institute of Arbitration (SIARB)
- Registered Foreign Arbitrator in BANI Arbitration Center Indonesia
- Was seated on Board of Directors for Maxwell Chambers
My latest insights
The Sri Lanka Crisis - A Compliance Wake - Up Call for Regional Operators?
19 October 2022 .4 minute read