Jacques CamilleriSenior Associate
Jacques Camilleri is a Senior Associate in our Leeds office. Since qualification, Jacques has been involved in a variety of work, including providing crucial support on a wide range of commercial contracts particularly in the transport, infrastructure and energy sectors and has gained experience of advising both public and private sector clients.
Jacques has experience in working on cross jurisdiction matters including the Americas, the UAE and Europe. He joined DLA Piper as a legal assistant in 2014.
- DZ BANK AG on the re-financing of two 5MW solar plants located in the UK, managing the due diligence process, reviewing commercial and technical management services agreements and drafting and negotiating funder direct agreements.
- Renesola UK on the sale of three operational solar projects in the UK to Profond. The project involved a corporate sale of six SPVs comprising three projects with split exchange and completion, and included full negotiation of construction and operational documentation between the Seller and Purchaser.
- Advising OPIC on a number of solar projects across the Middle East and South Africa respect of the replacement of an O&M contractor on a South African solar project (66 MW solar farm located in the Local Municipality of Tokologo), including assisting US team leading the corporate acquisition and financing and drafting the replacement O&M contract and a contract for the design, supply and installation of replacement transformers for the project, liaising with local counsel and counterparties in South Africa.
- Advising a client on the transfer of renewables subsidies as part of the sale and transfer of the client’s property and associated solar panels.
- Profond on the proposed acquisition of two operational solar assets in the UK, reviewing relevant documentation including grid, FiT, EPC and O&M contract. Assisted with relevant drafting for the SPA.
- Prime Capital and Enlight Renewables on the acquisition and development of the 372 MW (EUR400m) Björnberget onshore wind farm in Sweden. Jacques advised on the TSA and interface with other Project Documents such as the PPA.
- KfW IPEX-Bank, on the refinancing of seven operational onshore wind farms at various sites across the UK, reviewing key project documents including EPC, TSA, grid capacity sharing documentation, grid connection agreements, ISP, operations and management and service availability agreements.
- Newcastle University (Law LLB), 2012
- College of Law, Mancheser (Legal Practice Course), 2013