Jock Inness-Campbell has worked at DLA in its litigation and insurance team for near-on 20 years, with a particular focus on infrastructure, financial lines and professional services litigation and complex liability disputes.
Jock’s commitment to knowing and understanding his clients is reflected in the fact that a large number of these have continued to work with him since the beginning of his career. The development of these trusted relationships is something he is particularly proud of.
This year Jock will represent the State electricity network operator in the High Court, in a matter that shapes to resolve a number of contentious tort law issues that will impact statutory authorities, infrastructure operators and others, and will likely have a lasting impact on the law of negligence in Australia.
In addition to acting for clients in a wide variety of litigated matters and commercial negotiations, Jock regularly advises professional service providers and industry bodies on risk management issues peculiar to their businesses.
- Acting for a major international construction contractor in relation to allegations that the construction of a 45 storey commercial tower caused serious structural damage to an adjacent commercial tower block (claim dismissed following expert adjudication).
- Acting for an international mining and materials company in a confidential information dispute concerning the design of mining infrastructure.
- Represented a power company in relation to a series of large bushfires that damaged many properties in south west and central Western Australia.
- Acting for a barrister in a highly publicised malicious prosecution action.
- Advised an infrastructure operator on a complex and sensitive defective product issue with potential damages of several hundred million dollars. The claim was resolved by negotiation over the course of several years without the need for litigation.
- Acting for Local Government Insurance Scheme in a number of catastrophic spinal injury claims.
- Jock has and continues to represent various professional service providers in disciplinary proceedings and related litigation.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Insurance Law Association