Elise practices general civil litigation, with particular experience in commercial litigation, matters associated with tort law and products liability, and disputes related to Alberta's electricity industry. Elise has provided strategic counsel to clients in the Education, Energy, Power, Transportation, and Aviation sectors, and has appeared before all levels of Court in Alberta, as well as represented clients in arbitration hearings, before administrative tribunals, and at mediations and settlement negotiations.
Elise also practices in the area of employment law, with significant experience representing federally regulated employers with wrongful dismissal claims, unjust dismissal claims, and human rights complaints. Elise regularly advises employers on large scale restructures, policy and regulatory changes and acquisitions.
Elise first joined the firm as a student in 2013 and practiced as an associate in our Calgary office for a number of years before working in the legal department of a major Canadian airline. Elise’s in-house experience contributes to her keen understanding of business and the need for practical legal advice. Elise re-joined DLA Piper in 2023.
- J.D. (with Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2014
- B.Comm (Honours, with Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 2011
- Board of Directors, Calgary Youth Justice Society
- Calgary Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project, 2015-present
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta