A deep understanding of a client’s business is key to developing long-lasting client relationships and adding value beyond quality legal advice.
Elinor Cavil is a bilingual Associate Lawyer (fluent in English and Welsh and proficient in French) in the Intellectual Property, Media, Sport & Entertainment (MSE) practice in the London office of DLA Piper UK LLP.
Elinor has experience of advising on contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters (including trade marks, copyright and patents) as well as advertising law matters. Elinor also works with the Media, Sport and Entertainment team on copyright enforcement and broadcasting contracts for high-profile clients in the sports sector, such as the Premier League.
Elinor spent 6 months on secondment to Unilever’s Global Home Care legal team during the second seat of her training contract, during which, Elinor advised the business on various advertising claims such as “green” claims and COVID-19 claims. Elinor also worked on a number of commercial agreements, including one relating to sustainable fashion, and assisted the brand protection team with trade mark matters.
Elinor has a particular interest in the Media, Sport and Entertainment and Life Sciences sectors and regularly contributes to DLA Piper’s MSE Today and Cortex blogs. Elinor is also an active member of DLA Piper’s women in sports initiative.
- Manage the global trade mark portfolios of multi-national companies such as HSBC and Karium Ltd and advise them on various IP matters such as non-contentious trade mark filing work, trade mark enforcement, copyright infringement and company names disputes.
- Representing Football Data Co. in relation to ongoing High Court proceedings for breach of confidence and unlawful means conspiracy against SportRadar.
- Advise luxury fashion brand Hermès on various IP and advertising matters, including copy review and infringement matters.
- Represent John Lobb S.A.S in ongoing High Court litigation with John Lobb Limited relating to the ownership of rights in the “John Lobb” brand.
- Advise the Football Association Premier League in relation to copyright enforcement matters and broadcasting agreements.
- Representing a major global manufacturer of bar code scanning products in offensive and defensive multi-jurisdictional patent infringement litigations. Elinor is working with DLA Piper colleagues in the UK, the US, Germany and China.
- Navigating Gambling Regulations in 2022
- The rise of virtual influencers
- When sports and politics collide: an independent regulator for football?
- Sport and diversity – imminent regulatory change expected
- Tackling racism and racial inequality in sport – analysis of ‘Let’s not go back to normal’ panel discussion
- New European Regulations on Medical Devices
- Key takeaways from the ABPI Clinical Research Report 2021
- Open consultation on the future regulation of medical devices in the United Kingdom
- Clinical trials conducted pre-application can cause enabling disclosure