Ondřej ChladaSenior Associate
Ondřej Chlada is a Senior Associate and the Head of Employment practice in DLA Piper Prague. He has more than ten years’ experiences in labour law, litigation and other related areas, such as immigration, illegal employment, discrimination, agency work, and the legal status of statutory bodies.
Ondřej is a member of several professional associations. He’s a member of the Czech Employment Lawyers Association (CzELA), the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) and a Member of the Collegium of Experts of the Association for the Development of Collective Bargaining and Labour Relations (AKV).
Ondřej is recognised as one of the best lawyers in labour law in the Czech Republic in the Best Lawyer ranking.
- Advising a provider of the world's leading advertising sales solution on the revision and evaluation of settled relationships with self-employed employees as external suppliers; following modification of the concept of this cooperation and adjustment of contractual documentation.
- Advising the top Czech internet search engine and provider of other internet related services on Czech employment law and offering legal guidance for the client's business and people.
- Advising a Czech branch of a global real estate logistics provider and investment manager on day-to-day labour law matters, including maternity and parental leave and probation time.
- Advising a Germany-based life sciences company on employment matters, including termination of its Czech branch manager and CEO and, subsequently, two other members of local staff, in connection with the global restructuring of the group aimed at increased cost effectiveness.
- Advising a global manufacturer of scented candles on complex day-to-day matters in the area of Czech employment law, including matters regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and disciplinary actions with employees, data privacy regulation.
- Investigating sexual harassment made by the top manager of a multinational company, including dismissal of the manager.
- Assisting with the collective dismissal of employees in relation to the closure of a manufacturing plant of world-renowned utility vehicles.
- Representing an employer operating in the IT repair industry in a matter related to the risk of extradition of all foreign employees.
- Advising a multinational leading logistic company with TUPE application in relation to several acquisitions.
- Masaryk University in Brno, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2010
- Labour Lawyer of the Year award in 2018 from Finance Monthly Global Awards
- Among the best lawyers in labour and employment law in the Czech Republic in the Best Lawyer ranking since 2018
- Several press interviews (lastly in Hospodarske noviny daily 2019); Several articles on elaw.cz website
- Assisting co-author of the Labour Code Commentary (2011); co-author of 50 questions from employment law counselling 1 and 2 (2010 and 2011)
- Host of radio station Cesky Rozhlas 2 for employment law interview (2012)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Czech association of lawyers specializing in Labour Law (CzELA)
- The European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Association of Experts for the Development of Collective Bargaining and Industrial Relations (AKV)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Wirtualna Polska on a deal to acquire international Szallas Group
12 September 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read