Linos Choo focuses on general commercial litigation and arbitration with particular emphasis on shipping, commodities and international trade finance.
He has concluded many successful arbitrations under the auspices of the ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA, LMAA, FOSFA, GAFTA, CIETAC and SCMA amongst others. Linos' experience includes complex charterparty, bills of lading, ship sale and purchase, shipbuilding, ship finance, marine insurance, international sale of goods and maritime cross-border insolvency litigation and arbitration. Linos also has experience in the areas off-shore floating production and storage, logistics, ports and infrastructure.
In the sphere of international trade, Linos frequently advises banks involved in the finance of international trade on complex issues concerning payment obligations and bank to bank reimbursements under letters of credit, demand guarantees, performance bonds, standby credits and forfaiting.
Linos’ is also regularly instructed in the fields of commodities, banking and financial services litigation and regulation, civil fraud, asset tracing and professional negligence.
- DCD Factors Ltd -v- Habib Bank AG Zurich  Bus LR 654 (Letter of Credit)
- Antiparos ENE -v- SK Shipping Co Ltd  2 Lloyd’s Rep 237 (The ‘Antiparos’) (ASBATANKVOY)
- GMAC Commercial Finance -v- Mint Apparel Ltd  All ER (D) 58 (Bills of Exchange)
- Fortis Bank SA/NV -v- Indian Overseas Bank  1 Lloyd’s Rep 227,  2 Lloyd’s Rep 33 and  2 Lloyd’s Rep 190 (Letter of Credit- Preclusion UCP 600)
- Glory Wealth Shipping Pte Ltd -v- Korea Line Corporation  2 Lloyd’s Rep 370 (The ‘Wren’) (Measure of Damages)
- In the matter of Armada Shipping SA sub nom COSCO Bulk Carrier Co Ltd -v- (1) Armada Shipping SA (2) STX Pan Ocean Co Ltd  2 All ER (Comm) 481 (Maritime Cross Border Insolvency)
- Stemcor UK Ltd -v- Indian Overseas Bank  1 All ER (Comm) 41 (Bills of Lading)
- AB Bank Ltd -v- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank PJSC  WLR (D) 490 (Norwich Pharmacal)
- DTEK Trading SA -v- (1) Sergey Morozov (2) Incolab Services Ukraine LLC  1 Lloyd's Rep 126 (Section 44 Arbitration Act 1996)
- National Joint Stock Company Naftogaz of Ukraine -v- Public Joint Stock Company Gazprom  2 Lloyd’s Rep 20 (Section 103 Arbitration Act 1996)
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Co Pvt Ltd -v- Yumn Ltd  2 Lloyd’s Rep 59 (Performance Bond)
- Skatteforvaltningen (The Danish Customs & Tax Administration) -v- Solo Capital Partners LLP  EWHC 1413 (Comm)
- Queen Mary, University of London, LL.B
- University College London, University of London, LL.M
- College of Law London
- “DLA Piper UK LLP is a client-oriented firm demonstrating strong commitment and responsibility to their clients” Legal 500 2023
- “Quick, professional and efficient” – Legal 500 UK 2022
- “A great lawyer very commercially and practically minded. Unflappable under pressure” Chambers UK 2022
- “Has clear and strategic vision and is very impressive” Chambers UK 2021
- “A very practical, extremely well connected, efficient team with an outstanding focus on client value.” Legal 500 UK 2021
- “Extremely practical, well connected, personable and very no-nonsense” Chambers UK 2020
- “Wide ranging experience of overseas litigation and crisis management” Legal 500 UK 2020
- “Extremely knowledgeable about marine law and an extremely capable strategist” Chambers UK 2019
- “Quick to respond to requests and always comprehensive in consideration of the relevant factors” – Legal 500 UK 2019
- “Really enthusiastic and supportive of clients” – Chambers UK 2017
- “Swift, practical, to the point and always commercially sensible” – Legal 500 UK 2016
- Pro Bono Legal Advisor to UNHCR
- Pro Bono Legal Advisor to The Royal Foundation United for Wildlife Transportation Taskforce
- BIMCO Windtime 180 Trainer