Matt Christmas LLBHe / himPartner
Matt leads the international leveraged finance practice for the firm.
Matt has over 22 years’ experience of helping banks, credit funds, corporate borrowers and private equity funds with their corporate or leveraged financing arrangements. Matt regularly works with clients coordinating cross-border solutions on financing transactions.
Matt works with clients in a range of sectors including banking and financial services, private equity, industrials and consumer goods, food and retail.
- Advised Bodycote plc on its GBP250,000,000 revolving credit facility.
- Co-advised INEOS Enterprises Holdings Limited on its US1,200,000,000 financing, coordinating 13 jurisdictions.
- Advised James Fisher & Sons plc on its GBP130,000 revolving credit facility.
- Advised Learning Technology Group plc on its USD355,000,000 term and revolving facilities in support of its acquisition of GP Strategies.
- Advised Luxfer plc on its USD100,000,000 revolving credit facility and USD50,000,000 private placement shelf facility.
- Advised McBride plc on its EUR175,000,000 revolving credit facility.
- Advised the lenders to N Brown Group plc on its revolving credit facility.
- Advised Santander UK on its sustainability linked facility to Findel group, and Endless investment.
- Advised Santander and Partners Group on their facilities to Ligentia group, an Equistone investment.
- Advised the lenders to Gail’s bakery, a Bain Capital Credit investment.
- Sheffield University, Law LLB
- Law Society
My latest insights
DLA Piper strengthens its Finance, Projects and Restructuring Practice with a new partner
11 September 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper appoints a new partner to its Finance, Projects and Restructuring Practice
5 September 2023 .2 minute read