Daniel ClarkeHe/himSenior Associate
Daniel is a Solicitor in the Real Estate Practice Group based in Birmingham and specialises in advising UK and off-shore investors on all aspects of commercial development and regeneration work.
Daniel has also helped FTSE 100 companies, funding institutions, charities, private developers and statutory undertakers with portfolio management, financing and dealing with the real estate elements of corporate restructuring.
- Advising a major energy supplier on its UK carbon capture project involving the redevelopment of land for green hydrogen production and the offshore storage of carbon along the UK coastline. Key aspects of the project include advice on dilapidation and remediation settlements with occupiers contingent on agreements for surrender, terminating/varying agricultural holdings and FBTs, in addition to negotiating conditional options and agreements for lease (with CPI linked formulas) involving new and existing infrastructure for inland carbon transmission and battery storage.
- Advising a UK REIT on its evolving UK property portfolio and regeneration schemes circa. GBP1b.
- Advising a US body corporate on a hospital development as part of a long-term strategic plan for the supply of food services, involving the drafting and negotiation of development agreements for lease and JCT contracts alongside government funded service contracts and associated market test exercises.
- Advising an offshore developer on a subsale and pre-let arrangement of 2 new logistic warehouses subject to planning and development for its UK SPV, also advising on the implementation of energy efficiency regulations and the drafting of construction warranties, deeds of covenant, conditional sale contracts and estate management deeds (circa. GBP34m).
- Advising a UK sports club on a quadripartite deal in connection with the drafting and negotiation of overage, ransom, easements, promotion agreements, S106 and trust liabilities affecting strategic land.
- Advising a leading international dealer of the world's largest construction-equipment manufacturer on a GBP55m real estate portfolio as part of a cross-border corporate share acquisition.
- BPP Law School, Birmingham, Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, 2016 (Distinction)
- Keele University, Staffordshire - LLB (Hons), 2012