Jenna ClarkeLegal Director
Jenna Clarke works in the employment team and has over 12 years' experience in advising clients on employment law issues. Jenna advises clients on a broad range of matters, including termination of employment, business protection, resolving disputes, discrimination, equal pay, trade union issues, redundancies, outsourcing agreements, TUPE transfers and data protection.
Jenna has particular experience in defending complex multi-claimant and respondent claims brought against large public sector and global private sector employers in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, County Court and High Court managing a wide variety of claims, such as unfair dismissal, trade union detriment, whistleblowing detriment, equal pay, sex, race, religion, age and disability discrimination.
Jenna is also particularly experienced in advising clients in respect of large scale TUPE and redundancy issues, including redundancies in the context of acquisitions, mergers, outsourcing and restructures.
Jenna often advises on the employment related aspects of corporate transactions, both in the UK and globally, working with employment colleagues in our offices in other jurisdictions.
Jenna has particular experience in advising and working with hospitality and leisure clients, such as hotels, restaurants, events and service companies, advising on issues specific to them.
Jenna regularly works on Pro-Bono projects, advising and working with clients such as The Princes Trust, Marie Curie and Cris Cancer Foundation.
- Managed a project advising a global client as to the employment law aspects of the purchase of an international business, which involved co-ordinating the provision of advice to the client on complex TUPE issues from 11 jurisdictions
- Advised a leading global airline in relation to restructures involving redundancies and changing employee's terms and conditions, on each occasion involving individual and collective consultation issues involving both recognised trade unions and non-union members
- Advised a global technology company in relation to the termination of employment of a senior executive, including the protection of its business and confidential information and subsequent employment tribunal proceedings
- Advised an international facilities management company in relation to a high value unfair dismissal, whistleblowing detriment, health and safety detriment and unlawful deduction from wages claim from a former employee, involving complex legal and employee relations issues
- University of Liverpool, LLB Law Degree, 2005
- College of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2006
Memberships And Affiliations
- Employment Lawyers Association