Dr Philipp ClemensCounsel
Dr Philipp Clemens advises German and foreign clients on complex M&A transactions, Private Equity / Venture Capital investments as well as restructuring measures and distressed M&A deals.
- Advising on complex domestic and cross-border M&A transactions on buyers’ and sellers’ side, in bidding processes and management buy-outs as well as in distressed situations.
- Advising Private Equity and (Corporate) Venture Capital Investors as well as Growth-Companies through the whole investment lifecycle.
- Advising on group-wide restructuring.
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, First State Examination and Ph.D.
- Higher Regional Court of Celle, Second State Examination
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for corporate
- Bergmann/Clemens: 'Accounting treatment of subordinated liabilities', DER BETRIEB, 2015, 1867 ff.
- Liability of Managing Directors / Comment on BGH-Decision dated 8.12.2015
Before Philipp joined DLA Piper in 2015, he worked as a lawyer for an international corporate law firm in Hamburg.
Memberships And Affiliations
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- Corporate Law Association (VGR)
- North German Insolvency Forum
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises insightsoftware on the acquisition of Cubeware Group
19 October 2022 .2 minute read