Sophie ConroySenior Associate
Sophie Conroy has been advising on commercial matters of all descriptions on a local, national and international basis, including sale, supply, agency, distribution, supply chain, services and consultancy agreements, collaboration and development arrangements, franchising, and outsourcing arrangements.
- Advising a holiday home and caravan manufacturer advising on, and assisting with the negotiation of, its supply agreements.
- Advising a waste management, recycling and green energy specialist advising on its commercial contracts including the procurement of new machinery and various services contracts.
- Advising a pest control and garden care products manufacturer and distributor advising on, and assisting with the negotiation of, its distribution arrangements.
- Advising a supplier of precision instrumentation and controls, advising on and drafting a bespoke collaboration and supply agreement.
- Advising an international fast food franchise, as part of a virtual secondment providing general commercial support with: procurement and supply chain contracts (including drafting its precedent MSA); drafting and supporting the development of franchise agreements; marketing agreements; aggregator contracts (including Uber Eats and Deliveroo) and collaboration agreements.
- University of York, Law LLB (Hons)
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course
Before joining DLA Piper, Sophie worked inhouse at Marshalls plc (manufacturer of natural stone and concrete hard landscaping products) which, amongst other things, included advising on and preparing a variety of high value commercial documents (with both private and public sector organisations). This experience has provided Sophie with a good understanding of the commercial practicalities that companies face and need to consider and she is able to find pragmatic solutions to both complex and non-complex issues that arise.