Emma practices commercial litigation with a focus on construction law matters.
Emma has represented clients in the negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of claims relating to construction law. Emma has experience working on matters involving construction liens, delay claims, negligence and contract disputes and has worked with a broad range of clients including private owners, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Emma articled at a construction litigation boutique firm, where she worked on large scale construction arbitration and litigation files.
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2017
- B.Comm., (Distinction), University of Calgary, 2012
- Chambers Canada: (Construction), 2023 (Associate to Watch)
- Co-author, "Construction Adjudication: An Overview," Construction Law Letter, Volume 36, Number 2, November/December 2019 [shared with permission of Lexis Nexis]
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada increases rankings in 2023 Chambers Canada guide
29 September 2022 .4 minute read
Get ready for reform — Prompt payment and adjudication finally taking effect in the...
11 July 2022 .12 minute read