Cristina Criscuoli is a privacy and technology lawyer, with a specific focus on the life sciences, insurance, and financial sectors.
Cristina has achieved a strong expertise in advising world leading operators on complex GDPR compliance programs and other data protection matters, including those involving data transfer impact assessments, e-payment platforms, anti-money laundering, clinical trials, and telemedicine. Cristina has also significant experience in drafting and negotiating IT and commercial contracts.
She is particularly experienced in coordinating multi-jurisdictional projects involving both GDPR and technology related issues.
Cristina regularly writes and speaks on data protection and technology law topics. She is a visiting lecturer of the Masters on Data Protection Law at the Universities of Milan and Roma Tre as well as the Masters on Tech Law and Digital Transformation run by IPSOA and 24ORE Business School.
- Coordination of a project concerning the review of a hundred contracts involving the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, in order to carry out the relevant data transfer impact assessment and negotiate the necessary corrective measures.
- Regular assistance to one of the leading insurance groups on data protection issues arising from their operations and strategic projects.
- Assistance to a pharmaceutical company on possible privacy-related issues arising from the implementation of a patient-support program related to a global recall campaign for an implantable medical device in different European jurisdictions.
- Assistance to a leading software house on several strategic projects, including the implementation of an e-payment platform.
- Assistance to a biotech company on different data protection-related issues arising from the sponsorship of clinical trials within the EU.
- Assistance to a leading retail group on its global GDPR compliance program.
- University of Roma Tre, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
Cristina Criscuoli was awarded by the Chamber of Commerce of Turin with the first prize for her graduation theses.
She collaborated in writing the books “Come preparare la propria azienda alla digital revolution” on artificial intelligence and “Guida Privacy”.
- Cristina Criscuoli often holds seminars and conferences on data protection matters, e-commerce and artificial intelligence.