Maria Cristescu LL.B.She/herAssociate
Maria Cristescu is an experienced employment lawyer, having also a background in corporate law, providing day-to-day assistance to both international and local clients, primarily focusing on certain sectors, namely Technology, Automotive, Life Sciences and Energy.
She advises in all aspects pertaining to the employment relations, including negotiation and execution of individual employment agreements, drafting/ reviewing of internal regulations and other internal policies and procedures, as well as implementation of flexible work arrangements. Also, she advises on complex dismissal procedures (individual and collective) and termination of employment by mutual agreement or as a result of restructuring.
On a related note, Maria has also gained experience in transactional matters and employment litigation cases.
- Assisting one of the largest communications groups in the world, a leader in marketing, communication and digital business transformation with the employment related aspects in the acquisition of a fast-growing and large independent software engineering company.
- Advising a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company, on day-to-day employment matters and on specific employment projects such as employees' compensation and benefits plans; updating internal regulations and policies with a view to secure compliance with law, but also alignment with market practice.
- Advising one of the largest FinTech companies in the world both general day-to-day employment aspects, and also on other sensitive matters, such as TUPE-related implications.
- Advising one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges, on day-to-day employment matters, such as implementation of internal policies, grievance procedures, performance evaluation procedures, etc.
- Assisting a US company with an unrivalled portfolio of data infrastructure semiconductor technology in all day-to-day employment matters (including drafting and reviewing of internal policies and advising on different sensitive working time aspects).
- Assisting one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies on complex and sensitive employment matters (including relevant documentation), including advising on aspects related to TUPE applicability, drafting of internship agreements, implementation of internal policies and advising on different aspects related to health and safety matters.
- Advising one of the leading low-cost airlines in Europe, in complex and sensitive employment matters, including complex "class action" litigations in relation to employment contract terminations claims and other employees' rights.
- * Advising a multinational pharmaceutical company on post-TUPE implications.
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, LL.B., 2017
- DLA Piper Webinar – Employee Talent Retention, February 2022
- September 2021 – present: DLA Piper Romania, Associate
- November 2018 – August 2021: local law firm, Associate
- Jan 2017 – October 2018: local law firm, Associate
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar