Balázs CsépaiSenior Associate
Competition and Antitrust
Balázs deals with competition law since 2000. As an official of the national competition authority, he contributed to the legal preparation for EU membership and to the introduction of EU case law in national jurisprudence. As a secondee at OECD Competition Division he dealt with regulatory issues.Besides competition law he is also active in the areas of public procurement, consumer protection, travel law and trade law.
- P. Dipl. Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Law, Budapest, Specialisation in Public Procurements, Hungary, 2017-2019
J.D., Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Summa cum laude, Hungary, 1995-2000
- Abnormally low price – an abnormal way to regulate markets? – 2020 (in Hungarian)
- Exclusion from public procurements on competition law grounds – 2020 (in Hungarian)
- Between 2009 and 2013 he worked as a case handler at the Cartel Directorate of DG Comp and worked on such high-profile cases as the LCD panel, the Smart card chips and the Maritime car carriers cases. He headed the Cartel Investigations Unit of the national competition authority until 2015 when he left for the private sector and became an attorney at law.
- Lawyer admitted to the Budapest Bar Association, 2015