Jeremy Curran BE, LLBHe/himLegal Director
Jeremy is a non-contentious construction lawyer, with over 20 years experience advising clients across a range of sectors including residential, commercial, industrials, life sciences, infrastructure and energy..
Originally qualified as a civil engineer, Jeremy has lived and worked in Australia, the Far East, the Middle East and Europe, and is admitted to practice in each of Ireland, England & Wales, and New South Wales (Australia).
Jeremy's clients have included investors, developers, funders, non-bank lenders, contractors and end-users, all located across a range of jurisdictions. Jeremy also worked for 9 years as in-house counsel for a Dubai-based multinational, advising in respect of both contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
- A leading Chicago-based real estate investment management firm on the development and construction aspects of various PBSA/BTR/PRS assets in Ireland.*
- A leading London-based alternative investment fund manager on the development of various hotel and BTR/PRS assets in Dublin.*
- The Houston-based developer of a major new town centre in south Dublin in respect of both infrastructure and residential construction as well as complex development issues arising out of interfaces with other developers in the area.*
- The owners of Ireland's largest off-campus student accommodation complex in respect of its design, construction and development management, and on construction law aspects of its subsequent sale after construction completion.*
- The owners of Europe's largest bauxite refinery in respect of design and construction matters relating both to various facility upgrades and the development of novel technology for use in the refining process.*
- Numerous multinational pharmaceutical companies on both the construction of new plant and the upgrading of existing plant at various facilities located throughout Ireland; and a number of Irish banks and UK non-bank lenders in respect of the funding of various developments in the retail, residential and hotel sectors.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm
- University College Dublin, Diploma of Arbitration Law, 2004
- College of Law, Sydney, Diploma of Legal Practice, 2000
- University of Sydney, Bachelor of Laws (Honours, 2nd class), 1999
University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), 1995
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to practise in Ireland, England & Wales, New South Wales (Australia)
- Society of Construction Law (UK)