Elisabeth Daem Daem LLMLead Lawyer
Elisabeth Daem practices in the area of intellectual property law and unfair commercial market practices, with a particular focus on copyright, trademarks and designs. She assists clients in commercial litigation proceedings as well with drafting and negotiating various types of IP contracts.
Her clients include Belgian SMEs and multinational companies and include companies in a range of sectors including fashion, art, retail, media and entertainment.
- Assisting furniture suppliers and fashion designers on copyright and design infringement proceedings.
- Assisting a Belgian leading publishing company in several legal proceedings and conflicts on alleged copyright infringements by book authors.
- Assisting a Belgian supplier of window production manufacturing equipment in its defence for alleged infringements of patent rights and unfair commercial practices.
- Assisting an international leading real estate company in trademark opposition proceedings before EUIPO.
- Advising a start-up production company on protecting its intellectual property to the fullest extent possible.
- Advising, assisting, negotiating and drafting of (exclusive) (sub)distribution, supply, sale purchases, R&D, services and sponsoring agreements for a multinational medical device company.
- University of Leuven (KUL), LL M in Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology law, magna cum lade, 2017
- University of Leuven (KUL), Master of Laws, cum laude, 2015
- University of Helsinki, Finland, Master of EU business law, magna cum laude, 2013 (Erasmus exchange)
- E. Daem & J. Vanherpe, “Overleven de rechten van de beeldhouwer de beeldenstorm?”, De Tijd, 30 juni 2020, 9
- E. Daem & J. Vanherpe, “The content moderation puzzle: a panel on moving targets, healthy scepticism, tricky balancing exercises and… the value gap – 30 years CiTiP conference”, CITIP Blog, 15 October 2019
- E. Daem, “Blockchain en kunsthandel: alle tij heeft zijn weertij” in Rethinking IT and IP Law: Celebrating 30 Years CiTiP (KULeuven CITIP series, vol. 9), Intersentia, Antwerpen, 2019, 165-170
- E. Daem, “Auteursrechtelijke grenzen aan de vrijheid van appropriation artists”, IRDI 2017/04, 263-270
- 2017-19; associate, Belgian law firm
- 2015-17; junior associate, Belgian law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Belgian Copyright Association (ABA/BVA)
- Member of the Benelux Association of Trademark and Design Law (BMM)
- Member of the Brussels bar (since 2015)
My latest insights
Website accessibility for persons with disabilities: minimum harmonization creates...
5 September 2021 .7 minute read
Green IP: the interplay between IP law, sustainability and ESG in the EU
19 May 2021 .9 minute read