Aubry Daerden practices in the field of corporate law, with particular focus on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
He has broad experience in advising corporate groups and private equity funds in both national and international transactions in a wide variety of sectors.
Due to his in-depth knowledge of the French market, Aubry worked on several high-profile Belgian-French cross-border deals.
Aubry also advises family shareholders of large companies and family-owned businesses in relation to all corporate issues, including corporate governance, structuring of shareholdings and shareholders agreements.
- Advising the French subsidiary of a global private equity firm in the acquisition of one of the leading burger fast food chains.
- Advising the world leading cosmetics company in the acquisition of a biogas producer, allowing its Belgian production site to be fully supplied by renewable electricity.
- Advising a French-based private equity firm in the acquisition of a majority stake in a Belgian leader in the installation and maintenance of infrastructure networks.
- Advising a leading Belgian family automotive group on several sales and acquisitions of car dealerships (including Rolls-Royce, Mini, BMW, Volvo, Motorrad, McLaren and Pinifarina).
- Advising a European private equity firm in the sale of its stake in a leading provider of nursing homes and homecare services for the elderly across Europe.
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, LL.M. in International Economic Law, 2012
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Master of Laws, 2011
- University of Fribourg, Exchange Program, 2010,
Université Libre de Bruxelles, Bachelor of Laws, 2009
- 2012 to 2023, from Associate to Senior Associate within major global and Benelux law firms in Brussels, Luxembourg and Paris.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Lawyer registered with the Brussels Bar (French speaking section)