Bruce Darlington is a partner with the firm's Toronto office. Bruce assists lenders and debtors in all aspects of commercial loan transactions including secured financing transactions, asset-based lending, real estate financing, insolvency, restructuring, debtor and creditor rights and supplier’s rights.
Bruce represents financial institutions including chartered banks, asset-based lenders and subordinate or mezzanine lenders both at the time that financing is provided and when the repayment of the financing is in question.
Bruce also represents other creditors, trustees in bankruptcy, receivers, trade suppliers, landlords and debtors in all aspects of insolvency law including bankruptcy, proposals, reorganizations, security enforcement, liquidations and restructuring under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Bruce has been involved in financing and insolvency situations in a wide variety of industries including: automotive, food processing, publishing, printing, retail, transportation, knowledge based, telecommunications, real estate, hotel and entertainment.
- Acted for Tier1 Financial Solutions on its acquisition of Satuit Technologies, Inc.
- Assisted in the financing of Tier1 Financial Solutions acquisition of Alessa.
- Assisted in acting for the monitor in a CCAA proceeding involving the debt restructuring and corporate reorganization of related advertising and publishing companies.
- Assisted in acting for the receiver in a CCAA proceeding involving the debt restructuring and corporate reorganization of related companies in the business of manufacturing, distributing and selling apparel in Canada and the U.S.
- Acted for a creditor representing members of a national association of sporting good distributors and manufacturers in a complex bankruptcy proceeding involving a retailer of sporting goods and apparel.
- LL.B., Queen's University, 1983
- B.Sc., (Biology and Psychology), University of Toronto, 1980
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, INSOL International