Paz De la IglesiaPartner
Paz is Partner and Head of the Employment group in Madrid. She is also and Co-Head of our ESG practice in Spain. She is also partner in charge of Pro Bono, co-head of the ESG practice in Spain, and co-leader of the Hospitality sector in Madrid.
Paz has extensive experience in all areas of Employment and Social Security law.
She has been involved in numerous corporate restructuring operations, legal intervention before labour courts and tribunals, collective dismissals, drafting of senior management contracts, advising on labour aspects of M&A, etc. She has recently been awarded the M&A-related employment Lawyer of the Year 2022 prize by Iberian Lawyer.
She holds a law degree from the Universidad de Oviedo and a Master in Employment Law and Social Security Issues. Paz is also a regular speaker at seminars in employment-related matters and in presentations organised by independent organisations.
- 2000 Universidad de Oviedo Degree in Law
- Complutense University of Madrid Master in Employment Law and Social Security Issues at the "Escuela de Práctica Jurídica"
- Legal 500 EMEA – 2010 - 2021 – Employment
- Chambers and Partners Europe – 2010 - 2022 – Employment
- Iberian Lawyer: M&A-related employment Lawyer of the year 2022 Award
- Best Lawyers: Paz de la Iglesia is regularly recognized in the area of Labour & Employment Law.
- Publication in CincoDías : Questions and answers on the regulation of teleworking. (“Preguntas y respuestas sobre la regulación del trabajo a distancia”.
- Co-author of the CincoDías article: The S of sustainability: the forgotten letter? (“La S de la sostenibilidad: ¿la letra olvidada?”)
- Publication in Elderecho.com of the article: Rider Law: A further step in the presumption of labour? (“Ley Rider: ¿Un paso más en la presunción de laboralidad?”)
- Contributions to the employment law magazine "Justicia Laboral" (Revista de Derecho del Trabajo y de la Seguridad Social)
- Contributions to the updated version of the "Section of Labor and Employment Law, International Labor and Employment Laws BNA Books"
- Contribution to the "ABA Newsletter International Labor and Employment Laws"
- Contributions to the section "New Law" in European Counsel, Practical Law and Management for Lawyers in Europe
- Publication in the employment law magazine Quantor Social on "Employment Aspects of Franchises" ("Aspectos laborales de las franquicias")
- Publication in the employment law magazine Revista Española de Capital Riesgo nº 3/2008 (July-September 2008) "The relevance of due diligence process on employment issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions" ("La importancia de las auditorías laborales en las operaciones de adquisiciones y fusiones de empresas")
- Publication of press article on the tax treatment of compensations for the termination of temporary contracts ("El tratamiento fiscal de las indemnizaciones por extinción de contratos temporales"). Newspaper Expansión, 24 November 2008
- Paz teaches on the Master's Degree in Access to the Legal Profession at the Universidad Carlos III, and has participated in the assessment tribunals for the ISDE Master's Degree final projects. She is also a regular speaker at seminars and events on labour law.
- Lecturer on the Seminar on "Foreign and Seconded Employees" ("Curso de Extranjeros y Desplazados") at the "Centro de Estudios Financieros ("CEF")"
- Lecturer on the "Práctica Jurídica Internacional Escuela Jurídica Federico de Castro" at the "Centro de Estudios Villanueva"
- Lecturer on the "The New Regulation on Immigration" ("El Nuevo Reglamento de Extranjería"), Consulting Empresarial
- Employment market and management of personnel. Summer Course at El Escorial (Madrid)
- Pan European Reestructuring. Wragge & Co (Cambridge)
- Strategic Human Resources Plans at the "Business School" ("Escuela de Negocios"), Madrid
- Pension plans and Funds. Employers' benefit schemes. Francis Lefebvre (Madrid)
- The new regulation on immigration issues. Aula Lex Nova (Madrid)
- Stock Options and Transfers of Undertakings. Nauta Dutilh (Bruges)
- Redundancy proceedings, individual objective dismissals and voluntary leaves. Institute for International Research (Madrid)
- "Foro Aranzadi Social Madrid" (lectures on case law)
- Attendance at seminars organized by "Fundación para la Investigación sobre el Derecho y la Empresa" (Madrid)
- May 2022 -Present - DLA Piper Spain S.L., Head of the Employment group.
- Jan. 2009 – Present - DLA Piper Spain S.L., Partner.
- Sept. 2007 – Jan. 2009 – International law firm. Madrid office, Employment Senior lawyer.
- Sept. 2000 – Sept. 2007 - Spanish law firm. Madrid and Barcelona offices. Senior Lawyer.