Paul Dineen has been advising on real estate projects for nearly 20 years. He has advised national and international investors and developers on real estate assets over the course of their natural life cycle.
Paul acts for landlords and tenants, local authorities and private equity houses, family offices, overseas investors, and institutional UK funds, gaining a balanced view of the typical challenges that arise on transactions.
Paul works with clients specialising across all asset classes, and his work has straddled the office, retail, leisure, industrial, logistics, data centre, residential, hotel, and student accommodation sectors. Paul is well versed in typical real estate holding structures and regularly acts on asset and share divestments, both offshore and onshore.
Paul's clients have included Barings, Blackstone, British Land, CBREGI, Deutsche Finance International, Direct Line Insurance, Discovery Group, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Orchard Street Investment Management, PGIM, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, St James's Place, Tiger Developments and Unilever.
- Advising Blackstone in relation to the restructuring of its GBP1.8 billion Tower portfolio and the subsequent work-out of the portfolio.
- Advising Clients of Orchard Street Investment Management on the GBP91 million acquisition of eight garden centres in a sale and leaseback with Terra Firma.
- Advising Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea on the GBP130 million sale for a central London Borough Council of school land to be redeveloped for high end private residential development, involving complex overage and clawback negotiations.
- Advising Barings on the acquisition and subsequent GBP146 million disposal of 40 Gracechurch Street, a substantial central London office building.
- Advising Clients of Orchard Street Investment Management on the GBP114 million acquisition of the Orbital Portfolio comprising six South East multi-let industrial estates.
- Advising Barings on the acquisition of 10 multi let light industrial estates across the UK and their subsequent sale for GBP200 million.
- Advising Clients of PGIM on income strip transactions including the sale and leasebacks of a number of UK hotels including the Mercure Hotel in Bristol, Hotel Indigo in Chester, Bridgewood Manor Hotel in Chatham, the Nottingham Belfry, the Bristol Harbour Hotel, the Windermere Hydro Hotel.
- Advising Barings on a EUR200 million equity joint venture established to invest in pan-European logistics properties and leading a team on the subsequent acquisitions pursuant to the underlying framework agreement.
- Advising Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust by negotiating an option and development agreement to acquire a 55 acre site in Basingstoke intended for the creation of a new critical care hospital.
- Advising CBREGI by negotiating sale and leasebacks with supermarket operators including the GBP45 million acquisition of the Sainsbury's superstore in Halifax.
York Law College
Leeds University, LLB
- Mentioned in "DLA Piper advises St James’s Place Property Unit Trust on £13.25m estate acquisition," The Lawyer, 13 March, 2014
- Mentioned in "DLA Piper advises Cornerstone Real Estate on purchase of grade A office building," The Lawyer, 21 August, 2013
- Commented on "DLA Piper Advises on £64M Acquisition of Portfolio of Seven Properties," DLA Piper Press Release, 23 November, 2012
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Law Society