Pierre is an all-round employment lawyer - handling all aspects of employment and social security law matters for both individual and collective labour relations.
He primarily assists national and international companies in human resources management (in areas such as hiring and dismissal of employees, implementing and reviewing company policies, reviewing individual and collective terms of employment, cost-optimization of benefits in kind and more), implementing flexible work regimes, litigation, compensation and benefits, collective bargaining, in-and-outsourcing, and pensions matters.
He also has developed deep knowledge in the latest technological developments in HR including the use of big data at work, collaborative economy activities, semi-automated decision-making at the workplace, etc.
He also has a specific specialization in the chemistry, life sciences, technology and logistics sectors.
- Advising one of the world’s leading companies in the chemistry sector of industry in the restructuring of two of its R&D divisions in Belgium, resulting in a collective dismissal.
- Advising an international player in micromobility services (B2C rental of light vehicles in urban areas) in the cessation of its activities in numerous cities in Belgium, resulting in a collective dismissal.
- Advising one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in Belgium with a social inspection, and with all-round HR matters.
- Advising one of the world’s largest press agencies in two major litigation proceedings by two former employees, claiming pension loss damages.
- Advising a leading international personal hygiene group with headquarters in Belgium with an investigation following an anonymous complaint relating to alleged acts of harassment against a female employee.
- KU Leuven, Master of Laws
- Pierre is a regular contributor to our Brussels Employment team’s monthly Be Aware newsletters
- Pierre regularly publishes articles in one of Belgium’s leading magazines for HR-practitioners
- Restart Manual “Up Again Belgium – Getting Back to Business Amid COVID-19” of 9 June 2020 from our entire Brussels Employment Team
- Dion P., Kolesnyk, J., Big data op het werk: mogelijkheden en uitdagingen, Or. 2020, afl. 1, 2-8
- Denis M., Dion P., Telewerk of thuiswerk? Een praktische analyse, Or. 2020, afl. 7, 244-251
- Dion P., Stevens Y., Herstel 'in natura' in het socialezekerheidsrecht: een (on)gewenste exoot?, RW 2017-18, afl. 36, 1414-1419
- He was a speaker at International Employment Law training Courses
- Pierre participated in a round table discussion organised by HR Magazine with several leading HR-professionals in the Belgian market (including Oracle's HR managers, ING and Brussels Airport Company) to discuss the need for a data culture in a HR business context - available in Dutch and in French. This article was published in the 2020 March edition of HR Magazine
- He hosted combined Belgian and Dutch session of “International Employment Law Masterclass: Managing a Global Restructuring Project” on 24 November 2020
- 2011 to 2013, employment lawyer in an international UK-law firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Brussels Bar