Laura DobsonSenior Associate
I give my clients practical advice on how data protection laws affect their business.
Laura Dobson is a Data Protection lawyer, advising a broad range of clients from different sectors including public and private organisations.
Laura keeps up-to-date with the fast moving landscape in Data Protection laws in order to ensure clients are compliant with and understand their obligations.
- Organising a global review for a financial sector client of direct marketing laws and practices across local jurisdictions. The number of ways of marketing are becoming increasingly complex and technical which therefore leads to very specific advice regarding the Data Protection requirements.
- Updating templates for multi-jurisdictional financial client regarding the various changes to Data Protection legislation since the introduction of the GDPR including changes in both EU and UK laws.
- Leading an audit of data protection matters at a multi-national business in the insurance sector. Including reviewing all aspects of their personal data flows, internal and external documentation and the extent of their security measures in place.
- Advising public sector client on Data Protection laws in other jurisdictions. The review was an in-depth analysis of what the laws are and how they are implemented in practice. The interesting part was then advising on and analysing how this may impact future decisions in the UK Data Protection strategy.
- Helping clients to undertake transfer impact assessments to consider the risk involved in transferring personal data to third countries with a wide range of clients from the life sciences, financial, travel and insurance sectors.
- Organising a multi-jurisdictional review of Data Protection laws for a large global client in the IT sector including specialist compliance laws.