Sarah DolanSenior Associate
Sarah Dolan is a technology and sourcing lawyer, with over 20 years of experience advising government entities and private sector clients on large scale, strategically important procurement and outsourcing projects, with a particular focus on technology and telecommunications.
Sarah has in-depth knowledge and understanding of the industry and the issues faced by her clients. Sarah provides clients with strategic, commercially focussed advice on the structuring and management of their projects, including assisting clients in managing relationships after contract execution. Sarah acts for both suppliers and acquirers of various technology and outsourcing products and services in a range of industries and sectors, including financial services, mining and government.
With a technical background, Sarah's advice is sought by clients in complex, leading edge technology procurements, implementations, developments and outsourcings in a wide range of industry sectors.
Sarah has been recognised as a 'Next Generation Lawyer' and ‘Rising Star’ in IT and Telecoms in The Legal 500's 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022 leading lawyer rankings in Australia.
- Advised the Victorian Department of Transport on its procurement of a situational awareness solution for the Victorian road network.
- Advised the Victorian Department of Transport in relation to its procurement of trailer mounted variable messaging signs and renegotiation of its outsourced infrastructure arrangements with DXC and variations of a contract for the provision of Web Hosting and related services with Telstra.
- Advised the Victorian Department of Transport in connection with its CCC Passenger Crowding Data projects, including the Pilot and Trial phases and data sharing arrangements.
- Advised the Victorian Department of Transport in a range of technology and road related procurements, including the renegotiation of its long-standing arrangements for the IT infrastructure underlying its registration and licensing functions, the procurement of a solution for online learner driver tests, the procurement of CCTV and Bluetooth installation services and electronic speed sign maintenance services.
- Advised Court Services Victoria with its procurement of a new Case Management System.
- Advised Victoria Police in relation to its procurements for a new Managed Mobile Technology Service, a Body Worn Camera Solution, a non-urgent assistance line and online reporting solution, in-vehicle data recorders and associated systems and automatic number plate recognition and in car video solution.
- Advised an importer of motor vehicles on its new dealership arrangements for Australia.
- Advised a regional water authority with its implementation of a new digital metering solution.
- Legal500 Australia IT and Telecoms ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ 2018 and 2019
Memberships And Affiliations
- Former Committee member of New South Wales Society for Computers and the Law
- Females in Technology and Telecommunications (FITT)
- Victorian Society for Computers and the Law (VSCL)