Crystal Doyleshe/her/hersPro Bono Counsel
Crystal Doyle leads the US firm's pro bono immigration program, which focuses on representing clients seeking humanitarian forms of immigration relief. She works with non-profits across the country to develop opportunities to engage the firm's lawyers in supporting refugees, asylum seekers, survivors of intimate partner violence and other crimes, children, and other vulnerable groups. This work includes direct representation, appellate work, strategic litigation, research, and policy advocacy. As an experienced immigration lawyer, Crystal also directly trains and mentors firm attorneys.
In addition, Crystal also works with New Perimeter, DLA Piper's non-profit affiliate focused on global pro bono, to develop and manage multi-jurisdictional projects to promote the rights for forcibly displaced people.
Crystal also regularly provides trainings to law students and practicing attorneys in the US and abroad on topics related to pro bono, domestic violence, and US immigration law.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University
- Guest Lecturer at the Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, seminars on pro bono practice and serving clients who are domestic violence survivors
- Guest Lecturer at Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de Mexico, Mexico City, seminar on serving clients who are domestic violence survivors
- Guest Lecturer at Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico City, seminars on pro bono practice and serving clients who are domestic violence survivors
- Guest Lecturer at the Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, seminar on pro bono practice
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chicago Chapter
- The Association of Pro Bono Counsel
- National Immigrant Justice Center – Leadership Board