Crystal Doyleshe/her/hersPro Bono Counsel
Crystal Doyle oversees all aspects of pro bono programs for DLA Piper in Austin, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, and Minneapolis. As an experienced immigration lawyer, Crystal also leads the US firm's pro bono immigration program, which focuses on representing clients seeking humanitarian forms of relief, including asylum, U-visas, VAWA self-petitions, special immigrant juvenile status, and temporary protected status.
In addition, Crystal develops and manages a diverse range of projects with New Perimeter, DLA Piper's non-profit affiliate focused on global pro bono. In her work with New Perimeter, Crystal has led and contributed to projects focused on legal education, access to justice, and women’s advancement in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
Crystal also regularly provides trainings to law students and practicing attorneys in the US and abroad on topics related to pro bono, domestic violence, and US immigration law.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University
- Guest Lecturer at the Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City, seminars on pro bono practice and serving clients who are domestic violence survivors
- Guest Lecturer at Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de Mexico, Mexico City, seminar on serving clients who are domestic violence survivors
- Guest Lecturer at Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico City, seminars on pro bono practice and serving clients who are domestic violence survivors
- Guest Lecturer at the Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, seminar on pro bono practice
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chicago Chapter
- The Association of Pro Bono Counsel
- National Immigrant Justice Center – Leadership Board