Izzie DrylieShe/herSenior Associate
Izzie Drylie is a senior associate with a broad practice, spanning both finance, and corporate and financial restructuring workstreams. Her experience spans a range of finance mandates for both lenders and borrowers, including cross-border leverage finance, special situations and distressed financings, real estate finance and sports finance. She has also advised a variety of stakeholders from directors to corporates, clearing banks, credit funds and insolvency officeholders in respect of a broad range of restructuring and insolvency mandates.
Izzie is a solution-driven negotiator, who seeks to achieve outcomes that work for all stakeholders. A driven and confident communicator, Izzie uses her technical prowess and practical commercial judgment to effectively close deals and achieve the best results for her clients.
In addition to her legal work, Izzie is a director of Exceed Learning Partnership, a multi-academy trust operating eight primary schools in Doncaster. She serves as chair of their Audit committee, and is a link governor for one of their primary schools.
- Acting for the lender in respect of the EUR 180m bridge financing to Futbol Club Barcelona.
- Acting for Kroll Advisory as the administrators of Pure Legal Limited, an alternative business structure pursuing consumer claims including mortgage mis-selling and cavity wall insulation claims, along with other related group companies. This was a complex administration involving working with industry regulators in relation to the protection of claimant rights, and necessitated an immediate transfer of rights to handle the claims and work-in-progress (WIP) files of all existing claimants to firms that could continue the progression of those cases.
- Acting for the lender in respect of the pre-pack administration of a music technology company.
- Acting for the majority shareholder of FC Internazionale Milano in connection with the EUR275 million financing and investment by Oaktree Capital Management.
- Acting for an ad hoc group of noteholders in relation to the restructuring negotiations of the German heat exchange group Galapagos.*
- Acting for a credit fund and asset backed lender in respect of the financing of a fibre-glass manufacturer.*
- Acting for a UK-headquartered satellite company in respect of contingency planning and directors’ duties.*
- Advising investor directors of a EFL football club in relation to wrongful trading.*
- Acting for a credit fund in relation to an enforcement and credit bid in relation to a European car parts manufacturer.*
- Acting for clearing banks in respect of the refinancing of a Swiss-headquartered packaging manufacturer.*
- Acting company side in the financial restructuring of a UK-headquartered satellite company.* * Denotes previous experience gained at a US law firm.
- College of Law, LLB Law, 2012
- University of Oxford (Lady Margaret Hall), M.A. Economics and Management, 2010
- “Insolvency law, policy and procedure in England and Wales”, Chapter 8, The Insolvency Review, 7th Edition
Memberships And Affiliations
- Director of Exceed Learning Partnership LLP, a multi-academy trust in Doncaster.