Jenny Du is an associate in the Toronto Tax Group.
She practices tax planning and tax litigation, with experience in various levels of dispute including: administrative CRA appeals, the Tax Court of Canada, and the Federal Court of Appeal. She advises Canadian domestic and multinational clients on all aspects of Canadian corporate tax, including mergers and acquisitions, financings, corporate reorganizations and investment structures.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Jenny practiced at an affiliated law firm of a global accounting firm and a prominent multi-specialized law firm.
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2016
- B.A., HBA, Western University, 2013
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Tax) 2023 (Lawyer to Watch)
- Deans List, Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- McMillan LLP Award in Contracts, Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- Queen's Law Prize in Tax Policy, Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- Queen's University Entrance Scholarship, Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- Alberta Scholar at Queen's Law Scholarship for academic merit, Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- Joan & Geno Francolini HBA Scholarship for demonstrated academic and extracurricular excellence, Western University - Richard Ivey School of Business
- Gillespie Chapman Scholarship for highest GPA, Western University - Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies program
Memberships And Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
My latest insights
Act prohibiting non-Canadians from purchasing residential property comes into force in the...
14 December 2022 .7 minute read