Santipap DumprapaiSenior Associate
Santipap is a Senior Associate in Litigation and Regulatory Section at DLA Piper Bangkok. He is Thai qualified litigator. Main areas of practice are wide raging of corporate/commercial litigation and arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution. The key experiences span from disputes among local companies, multi-party and cross-border in the areas of debt restructuring, rehabilitation, bankruptcy, consumer protection, product liability, capital market investment disputes, construction, insurance, hospitality and leisure, employment, administrative dispute. He also actively handles corporate investigations and general regulatory advices.
Santipap also has experience in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate finance, capital markets, securities related laws and commercial laws. Main areas of practice include M&A, stock exchange and securities exchange (SEC) related laws, legal due diligence, shareholding restructuring and general corporate advice. Involving in a number of high profile transactions.
- Acting for a global aircraft engine suppliers and its affiliates as one the essential creditors in the rehabilitation proceedings of Thai Airways, in relation to its debts that are owed by Thai Airways under relevant airplane machine maintenance service based on flight hours agreements; the claim amounts to approximately USD 91 million
- Advising and acting for a German airline group through the rehabilitation proceedings of Nok Air, the claims relate to the debts under international arbitration award and service maintenance
- Acting for a leading shareholder of a listed leasing and financial service company in the class action claim made against the investor seeking damages for loss from such investor’s failure to carry out a tender offer
- Acting for a listed leasing and financial service company in the civil claim that its investor raised in relation to the alleged breach of investment in convertible debentures issued through a private placement, the damages disputed amount to approximately USD 180 million
- Acting for a leading agribusiness and chemical group in the administrative court proceedings in revocation of the governmental ban on paraquat
- Acting for a German airline in the enforcement of the SIAC award against Nok Air Public Company Limited in relation to the breach of service maintenance contracts
- University: Chulalongkorn UniversityDegree: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) with Second Degree Honor
- University: Thammasat UniversityDegree: Master of Laws (English Program) (LL.M.)
- Guest lecturer on "Introduction to Business Laws" at the School of Entrepreneurship and Management, Bangkok University, August 2018
- Key speaker on "Consumer Protection Related Disputes; unfair contract terms; product liability; consumer case proceedings and class action proceedings practice" at the conference held by SNP Training Co., Ltd. in July 2018
- Key speaker on "Fraud and Corruption Risk Management in the organisations; investigation on corporate fraud and corruption; and relevant employment approach" at the conference to be held by SNP Training Co., Ltd. in August 2018
- Key speaker on “Key Legal Issues in Contract-Based Workers and Temporary Employment” at the conference held by World Business Forum Co., Ltd. in September 2017
- Key speaker on “Practical Approach: Fraud and Corruption Risk Management” at the conference held by SNP Training Co., Ltd. in December 2017
- Key speaker on “Guideline in managing dispute arising from business contracts, alternative dispute resolutions on mediation, including producing settlement papers”at the conference held by World Business Forum Co., Ltd. in November 2016
- Speaker on "Consumer Protection Case Procedure" at Aon Risk (Thailand) Co., Ltd. as part of its in-house training to local staff in 2015
- Guest speaker on "Translation of Legal and Business related Documents" at the Faculty of Humanities, Suan Dusit University in May 2011
- Guest speaker on "Copyright and Translation" at the Faculty of Humanities, Suan Dusit University in May 2012 and 2013.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Thai Bar Association
- Lawyer Council of Thailand
- Trained mediator listed in the Thai Arbitration Centre (THAC)